to Andy Oldfield's writing site,
inspired by the jackdaws, waves and
dunes of St Ives Bay, Cornwall, UK
Excellent month: Irony Fairy comic strip published,
a new music and video, Minoan Voyage, uploaded
on YouTube. Images and inspiration come from the ancient
Minoan civilisation heartlands of Crete and Santorini.
a trip to London to see the Celts exhibition and attend the
publication launch of an anthology
containing my short story The Man From The Realm Of Footy Fan.
Hot from the iTunes visualizer window: The latest YouTube
music video is posted here.
It’s also available on SoundCloud
in higher quality audio.
What’s it about? It was a commission for a birthday present.
On SoundCloud it’s described as: Take a dash of Ska rhythmic
structure, season with variations of Beethoven’s Für Elise,
add some Two Tone West Midlands homage, top with selected
character traits and you have a piece written for and about
someone for their birthday.
On YouTube it’s described thusly: A bit of Beethoven, a
sprinkling of Ska structure, seasoned with the essence of a
real person – Happy Birthday H. Cooked with Logic Pro X
instruments, Alchemy, Native Instruments and Roland Integra-7.
The “Whatever Happened To…” fairy-tale sequence continues on
SoundCloud with the post-fame and fortune tale of Jack
the Giant Killer.
There’s been some work going on with my YouTube
channel, involving music, stories and a spot of satire
complete with freaky animated video.
- Rui Mendes has been commissioned to do the artwork for The
Irony Fairy. The strip is due to appear in Something
Wicked in the final quarter of this year. I've seen
only a little of Rui's work, and it's good. Really looking
forward to seeing what he does with the script.
- Dozmary Drift, an original piece of music inspired by
Cornwall and the legendary Dozmary Pool on Bodmin Moor is up
- SALE Over-run. Due to me forgetting all about it, the sale
now ends on Sunday January 11 at midnight GMT/Universal Time.
- SALE time - from Nov 14 to Jan 3 you can get my music and
hypnotherapy downloads at half price from CD
- As an antidote to World Cup overload, this month's
Gold Dust magazine runs my short story The
Man From The Realm Of Footy Fan. It's a satirical
retelling of the old tale The
Fey Woman Of Lyn Y Fan, complete with gender
reversal, kebab wrappers, World Cup madness and an unlikely
world where magic and laddishness are one and the same. You
can buy issue 25 of the magazine or read it online for free
- After being asked to copy-edit a novel, proof and pre-press
format a PhD thesis, and get someone's eBook formatted for
Kindle and Smashwords premium list, I've decided to put my
years of publishing and editorial experience into the market
place as an editor
- Sleep Well Hypnotically album on sale at CD
Free accompanying eBook available here.
- New single of ambient chill-out music Breath Of Calm released
- Comic strip script waiting for artist to be commissioned for
FutureQuake - Irony Fairy.
- Work started on words and music for hypnosis download to
help people with sleeping problems.
- Transcript for The Sixth Swan Brother is posted up on the blog.
- Ever heard of the fairy tale about the six brothers who who
were bewitched and turned into swans? Their sister made them
Starwort shirts to turn them back into humans, but didn't have
time to finish the one for the sixth brother. He was left with
one arm that was human and one that was a swan wing. What did
that do to his head? Listen to my flash fiction on Soundcloud
or watch the YouTube
- Author pages launched at Amazon.com
where you can get Langarrow and The Monday Rebellion for your
Kindle or Kindle reader software. While you're there you could
also check out my music and hypnosis downloads at Amazon.com
- Living Coasts music completed
- Started soundtrack music for a Torquay Living
Coasts project coming out
of Plymouth University
- Novella Langarrow ($2.99) and short story The
(99¢) released as eBooks via Smashwords
- Hypnosis audio Relax and Change Hypnotically is
released via CD